Professional Development Advisement
The Professional Development Advisor (PDA) Program is designed to assist early care and education (ECE) and school-age (SA) care practitioners plan and achieve career goals. ECE and SA practitioners or child care centers may request this free service through Gateways to Opportunity.
PDAs have extensive ECE and/or SA work experience, education, and knowledge of available resources related to professional and career development. PDAs are available throughout the state to assist in these areas:
- Exploring careers in early care and education and/or school-age care
- Creating a professional development plan
- Guidance in building a professional portfolio
- Locating available courses and professional development opportunities in your area
- Providing information about different early care and education and/or school-age care credentials/certificates and their requirements
- Sharing resources for financial assistance to be used for coursework or training
- Coaching you on how to find the information you need to accomplish your goals
- Finding help with basic English or math skills
- Request a Professional Development Advisor
Advising is also available for child care centers.